Thursday, July 31, 2008

Tunderstrom!

The sun isn't out.
It's taking vacation time
To play some Rock Band.


Egads, it's a dreary day out today, what with the thunderstorms and gray skies and all. Fortunately, wet weather is a good thing for theater as ticket sales tend to rise when people's picnic's get rained out. To all the Fringe shows opening tonight, may your houses be packed to the brims. To all the Fringe audiences, may the rain hold off while you're in transit from one venue to the next.
My lawn is also celebrating the arrival of rain, as the past few weeks have been quite hot and dry. Grass doesn't much care for that. I know that I could have set the sprinkler out once or twice and given the yard a good soaking, but I didn't. Why? I guess deep down, I knew that if I didn't water my lawn, then the grass wouldn't grow. If the grass didn't grow, then I wouldn't have to mow it.
I'm that lazy.

Anywho, I should be off. The continuing battle with the microwave installation shall be renewed momentarily. I'm giving myself twenty minutes before I call it quits and spend the rest of the day playing Grand Theft Auto. That is, unless there's a microwave installation mission in the game. I sure hope there isn't.
Before I depart, here's Today's Joke:
Ecuador to shut down U.S. anti-drug operation
The United States is losing access to one of its three counternarcotics bases in Latin America, U.S. military officials said Wednesday.
The Ecuadorian government has told the Bush administration it will not renew a 10-year agreement letting U.S. troops conduct anti-drug operations from Manta Air Base, an Ecuadorian Air Force installation, military officials said.
The United States has used Manta Air Base since 1999 to run aerial surveillance of the eastern Pacific Ocean, looking for drug runners on the high seas as well as illicit flights.
Ecuador notified the U.S. Embassy on Tuesday that it will not renew the agreement after it expires in November 2009, the U.S. military officials said. When asked why the agreement would not be renewed, an Ecuadorian official replied, "We had no idea how awesome these drugs were. We're going to keep this sh*t for ourselves."


Hoorah!


Tomorrow!

No comments: