Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Projectly!

The only trouble
With using technology
Is installing it.


Apologies for the delayed blog today. I've just spent the past few hours attempting to install a microwave above our stove. According to the instructions, all that I have to do is screw a few screws into the wall and hook the microwave to it. However, before I do that, I have to trim down the cabinets that currently make their home above the stove. Also, I have to figure out why the wall behind the cabinets (where the microwave shall soon find its resting place) is all uneven. On top of that, I have to cry to the heavens above for making this such a tedious project. Bah.

Anywho, I've had enough home renovation for one day. On to other things!

Last night, the wife and I took in a showing of Get Smart at the Parkway Theater. Get Smart was one of my favorite television shows when I was but a young child, and I've been somewhat excited for the movie ever since I heard about it. Granted, I wasn't so excited that I went to see it on opening night, or while it was at a first-run theater, but still...
The movie does capture a lot of the charm of the old TV show, and it does have a few moments of honest brilliance. However, the times in between those moments tend to exist in a very unspectacular way. Those times aren't good or bad - they just are. It's hard to really enjoy a movie that spends a lot of time coasting, which is what Get Smart does in spades. I'll give it a FOT.
In related news, the first season of the old Get Smart television show comes out in August. Delightful!

Speaking of delightful, the BNW has a new sketch/improv show starting this Friday. It's called "The After Party" and starts at 10pm on Friday night. Tickets are $10 (or free if you see the Friday mainstage show.) It's a show that will change each and every week. If you're looking for some late-night hilarity, I recommend that you come check this thing out. It should be interesting.

I should be off. I need to do some meditation to relax after the microwave disaster. Before I depart, here's Today's Joke:
Jerry Lewis detained for carrying gun at airport
Comedian Jerry Lewis was detained by police in Las Vegas late last week when airport screeners found an unloaded gun in his baggage, authorities said on Tuesday.
Lewis, 82, had a small .22-caliber handgun when he arrived at the security screening area on Friday at Las Vegas McCarran International Airport, said Officer Ramon Denby, a spokesman for the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department.
The comedian was briefly detained and the gun was seized. Lewis was cited for carrying a concealed weapon without a permit, Denby said.
Lewis never explained why he had the gun, although he did refer to it several times as his "little donation getter."


Yay?


Tomorrow!

No comments: