Monday, July 21, 2008

Labron!

Armed with a chainsaw
I wage war with backyard trees.
Call the ambulance!

Look! It's a blog! I haven't seen one of these in days!

Well, we've made it through the weekend. The first four previews of The Lion, The Witch, and The War Hero are over and done with. The previews all went well, although there is still a tad bit of tinkering to do with the show. That will happen this week, but not today. No. Today is a day to do the housework that I've been putting off for a week. There's painting to be done, a touch of yard work, perhaps a little light demolition, and, if I have time, a little bit of roof repair. It's a big day, so I'll attempt to delay it as long as possible by wasting time with this missive. Procrastination! It gets things done!

Over the weekend, I did see two items of note:
- Mike Fotis put up a little preview of his Fringe show at the BNW late Friday night. It was a delightful collection of stories which made me laugh and will be highly popular at the Fringe. However, Mike failed (again!) to include any of the many stories about how he wouldn't be where he is today if it weren't for me. Therefore: F.
- Yesterday, a group of us cleared our schedule for a showing of The Dark Knight. I should have taken note of the length of the film before going. That sucker clocks in at over two and a half hours! I wasn't quite prepared for the epicness of the movie. Also, Christian Bale's choice to give Batman a voice that was so low and gravelly at times made it hard to understand what was being said. (The low vibrations of his voice almost shook my bowels loose, but I think that's what the intended desire was.) That being said, The Dark Knight is darn fantastic. Heath Ledger is as good as they say, and that Gary Oldman... he's quite talented. I know that everyone else has said this, but FOTIS. There's no doubt about it.

There's a little guilt-ridden voice in my head telling me that I should get to work. Tomorrow, I'll be certain to tel you why it's a terrible idea to remodel kitchen cabinets on your own. Before I depart, here's Today's Joke:
NASA may buy Japanese spaceship
NASA needs a replacement for the space shuttle and it's reportedly turning to Japan to help keep supplies flowing to the international space station.
Japan's largest daily newspaper reports NASA is in unofficial talks with Japan's space agency to purchase the H-2 Transfer Vehicle, or HTV.
The HTV is an unmanned cargo vessel being designed to deliver supplies to the space station. The orbiting facility is currently kept stocked by the space shuttle as well as Russian and European spacecraft.
Originally created for the Japanese Defense Force, the HTV also has the ability to transform into a giant robot soldier. In 2004, an HTV was used to stop one of Godzilla's rampages through Osaka, and in 2006, a battalion of HTVs helped keep a demon army at bay on the Japanese island of Hokkaido. NASA is certain that the HTV will satisfy the demanding needs of bringing supplies to the space station.


Yay!


Tomorrow!

No comments: