Monday, July 14, 2008

Rehashled!

The bleat of trumpets
Signal the day's arrival.
I hate those trumpets.

Not much time to blog today. The day is filled with various rehearsals which should keep me occupied from the late morning to the late evening. In fact, this entire week might be aligning its forces against my daily missives. If we go a day without transferring words, do not worry. I probably haven't gotten myself into trouble. And if I have, well, that'll just make for an even better slate of writings for next week.

Anywho, I should be off. Before I depart, here are three things:
1) I am no longer made to stay up past 1 in the morning. Every minute past 1 that I stay up, a little bit of my brain seeps out of my ears. I'm not a fan of that.
2) The Minneapolis improv message boards are making a come-back. Go check them out.
3) Anheuser-Busch Agrees to Be Sold for $52 Billion
Anheuser-Busch has agreed to sell itself to the Belgian brewer InBev for about $52 billion, the two companies confirmed Monday in a joint release, putting control of the nation’s largest beer maker and a fixture of American culture into a European rival’s hands.
The all-cash deal, for $70 a share, will create the world’s largest brewer, uniting the maker of Budweiser and Michelob with the producer of Stella Artois, Bass and Brahma.
Both Anhauser-Busch and InBev have stated that fans of Budweiser and Michelob will experience the same great taste that they expect from their beers. The only difference will be the number of umlauts on the labels.
"I'm looking forward to sitting down tonight and having a Büdwëïsër or seven to help me escape the fact that I sold an American institution," said August A. Busch IV. "If there's one thing that unites people across the globe, it's using alcohol to forget the worries of our lives. With this merger, we can be sure that this tradition continues long after the cries of my forefathers guilt me into suicide."


Yay!


Tomorrow?

No comments: