Monday, July 28, 2008

Babylong!

I will watch time pass
And enjoy the day's moments
From the couch. Pants-less.


Well, the BNW's election show has officially opened, meaning this week becomes the week in which I attempt to catch up on sleep, world happenings, and chores. Before I get to that, however, there's a little bit of blogging that I need to take care of. Here it goes!
This weekend was a big one. We opened The Lion, The Witch, And The War Hero and I've heard a lot of positive things from those that saw it. Here's to a successful run right up to the November elections!
Also this weekend, we had a big baby shower with friends and family at the BNW. I said this at the party, but to reiterate: I am amazed and moved at the generosity and kindness of everyone that was at the shower. A million "thank yous" wouldn't be enough to express my gratitude.
On the topic of babies: the baby shower this weekend has made the whole "the kid is coming" feeling that much more intense. Sure, the wife has been dealing with the kid for eight months. Me? I'm an outsider. I don't get to really meet her (besides a few kicks and punches here and there) until September. However, all the physical signs of babydom are appearing. There's a crib, a stroller, a pack and play, a chest full of tiny clothes and a few packages of diapers already taking up space in the house, all for this tiny little stranger that I haven't met yet. It's weird. It's kinda like buying a Blizzard at DQ and, instead of eating it, you set it down and wait for someone else to come along and spit up on it.
Yes. It's like that.
Anywho, we have just over five weeks left until the scheduled arrival of the little one. I have a feeling that these will be the longest and shortest five weeks I've ever experienced.

That's enough about the baby stuff. For today, at least. I should get to the house-work that I've been neglecting for the past two weeks. Before I get to that, however, here's Today's Joke:
White House projects record deficit for 2009
The White House on Monday predicted a record deficit of $490 billion for the 2009 budget year, a senior government official told CNN.
The deficit would amount to roughly 3.5 percent of the nation's $14 trillion economy.
The official pointed to a faltering economy and the bipartisan $170 billion stimulus package that passed earlier this year for the record deficit.
The fiscal year ends September 30, 2008. That leaves just enough time for President Bush and his cabinet to try and bring a little more money in to reduce the predicted deficit amount. Their current plan is to hold a garage sale on Labor Day weekend, offering, among other things, Hawaii and Alaska.
"People forget that those are states anyway," said a senior government official. "I don't think that most Americans are going to miss having Hawaii and Alaska around."
Both states are scheduled to be sold for $200 billion, or a few barrels of crude oil.


Huzzah!


Tomorrow!

No comments: