Friday, May 30, 2008

Tabular!

In this modern-age world
You can't drive your car around
Without a sticker.


Hello and good-morrow! I sadly have but a moment to post a missive, as today is "license plate tab renewal" day. I must off to the DMV and purchase myself a little sticker that says I've purchased a sticker for my car. It's a special sticker, made from the skin of unicorns by an certified US astronaut. It must be that special, otherwise it wouldn't cost me $100 to obtain it. Rumor has it that, once affixed to my automobile, I'll be able to pay a nickel per gallon less for gas, and, when traffic is really bad, I'll be able to drive on lawns and through small creeks without consequence. What a time I will have! In fact, I can hardly believe that I've waited so long to make these dreams come true. Anywho, I'd spend more time blogging, but I have mischief to commit. Sticker-approved mischief.

In a few brief other topics:
- You might notice that I listed a "feed" button on the right side of the page. If you have a website that reads feeds, then by all means click that button and have at it. If you, much like me, have no idea what a feed is, then stay away! Do not click the happy little button! It's nothing more than a world of trouble, that willy-nilly clicking!
- Tonight, Ferrari McSpeedy competes against Five Man Job in Punch Out! I know that things were a little heated earlier in the week. I believe that the mud-slinging and aggressive posturing will give way to two lovely sets of improvisation. You should come out and see for yourself. Punch Out! at the BNW at 11 pm. It'll be good. All good.
- Today's Joke!
Mars Lander Starts Moving Its Robotic Arm
NASA’s Phoenix Mars lander has successfully lifted its robotic arm, mission managers announced Thursday.
All of the joints are healthy, and we’re raring to go,” Matthew L. Robinson, the lead engineer for the mission’s robotic arm flight software, said at a news conference Thursday. Overcoming one of the few glitches in the mission so far, the arm was able to free itself from a protective sheaf that did not fully unwrap after landing.
The primary mission for the lander is to keep waving the robotic arm while watching the horizon for a creature to wave back. Upon first contact, the lander will then approach the creature and offer up a high five. If the creature responds positively, the mission to find life on Mars will be deemed a success, and the creature will immediately be captured to determine if it could either be sent to Iraq to help the war effort or used as a fuel for American automobiles.

Yay!


Monday!

No comments: