Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Infantastic!

I opened the door
And I stepped into the light
And I turned to dust.


Apologies for the lack of blog yesterday. I would like to admit that I spent all of Tuesday on an alcohol-fueled bender that took me from Rochester Minn. to Rochester N.Y. and back again, but that's not the case. My microwave would like me to admit that I spent all of Tuesday in the emergency room after crushing my chest with convenience. That would also be false. The truth is that I spent all of yesterday at the BNW. I helped in a workshop, I coached a little Six Ring, and I watched life pass by. Sure, I could have blogged somewhere in there, but I didn't. It's a regret that I'll have to live with for a long, long time.

Or until I forget about it.

Anywho, today marks four weeks left until the baby arrives. Now that the house is just about ready for a tiny little person to inhabit it, I can move on to the more pressing matters, such as: what songs should go on the baby's first mix CD? I think Modest Mouse is probably a little too dark, and the Queers might be a tad too harsh. I know I have a few track ideas laying around somewhere, but it's nowhere near a complete CD worth of music. When it comes to music that is enjoyable for both infants and non-infants alike, what comes to mind? I know They Might Be Giants are probably at the top of that list, so you don't have to worry about mentioning that. Also, I'm positive that the Star-Spangled Banner will be on the CD (first track, naturally!) so you don't need to recommend that either.
Leave any musical advice in the comments below!

Well, I should be off. With the microwave installed, I have a freezer filled with pot pies that need to be cooked. Before I depart, here's Today's Joke:
McCain slams Obama as "celebrity" again in new ad
Republican presidential candidate John McCain isn't letting Paris Hilton distract him from his new line of attack -- that Barack Obama is more of a celebrity than a leader.
McCain on Wednesday released a second television ad that paints Obama as a celebrity, following an earlier ad that linked his Democratic rival in the November election to tabloid staples like Hilton and Britney Spears.
"Is the biggest celebrity in the world ready to help your family?" the ad asks, over ominous music and slow motion images of Obama appearing before an ecstatic crowd.
"Are you sure you want a president that people actually like?" The ad continues. "Shouldn't the White House be reserved for the socially-awkward folks that are hard to look at or listen to? Vote John McCain and he'll keep the Oval Office out of the public eye."
Obama was too busy speaking to hordes of supporters to respond to the new ad.


Huzzah!


Tomorrow!

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

We too like tolerable "kidsic" for Nils (I won't lie, there is something sweet about baby music though) and us to listen to. It's funny because he really loves when we sing "Happiness Pie" to him.

Joe Ferrari! said...

Happiness Pie? Yes! Perfect!