Friday, August 15, 2008

Bitear!

This dog-eat-dog world
Has become too literal.
My pants are bloody.


Sorry for the lack of missive yesterday. The morning was spent in a workshop at the BNW. The afternoon was spent caring for a dog that, the night before, lost part of his ear to another dog. Don't worry: all is fine with the pup. He's all sutured up and his head is covered in bandages, making him look quite like an elderly Eastern European woman. I keep expecting him to put a curse on me. You know, some sort of curse that causes me to talk him for walks all the time. Scary.
Anywho, he should be as good as new in the next week or two, albeit with a forked right ear. He's going to look so goth...

The funny thing about missing a blog post these days is that people immediately blame the forth-coming baby. "Are you a dad? Is that why you haven't blogged?" Needless to say that has happened quite yet. The kid is still safely tucked inside, punching and kicking as though she's in training for the UFC. When the big day comes, I'll let you know. I'm not sure how, but I am sure it will happen.

Anywho, I should be off. This Friday is just going to pass me by if I don't pay attention to it.
If you're looking for some good times this weekend, I heartily recommend the BNW's election show. While you're there, you might as well check out the After Party tonight at 10 as well. This week's show looks to be pretty delightful.
Also, if you like the After Party, you might also like the After Party's Facebook page. Check out the pics. They're rad!
Before I depart, here's Today's Joke:
Georgia signs Russia ceasefire, Bush blasts 'bullying'
Georgia on Friday signed a ceasefire agreement seeking to end its conflict with Russia, as US President George W. Bush accused Moscow of using "bullying" tactics in the standoff.
"Bullying and intimidation are not acceptable ways to conduct foreign policy in the 21st century," Bush said, adding that Russia had damaged its credibility with the West by its offensive against Georgia.
"If you have a problem with America's stance on this issue, Mr. Medvedev, then bring it on." Bush warned.
Bush then had to be quickly removed from the room he was in as it began to collapse from the weight off all that irony.


Yay!


Monday!

No comments: