Monday, June 30, 2008

Tavernay!

The smell of old scotch
Floats heavily in the air:
A fog of regret.


It's not often one begins his or her day at a bar at 9 am on a Monday morning and yet, here I am. The BNW is at Stub and Herb's on the U campus filming video shorts. There's nothing quite like being in a college campus bar while the sun is still on its ascent in the sky. It makes me feel troubled.
There is a certain thing that happens when starting a day in a drinking establishment. I'm filled with this strange desire to toss back a few shots of whiskey and then go harass kids on an elementary school playground. There's also a part of me that wants to go into a bagel shop and demand only the freshest of bagels, removing a piece of clothing for each minute that I remain unsatisfied. I also want to cross against red lights. If you pick up the paper tomorrow and read about a string of misdemeanors throughout the Twin Cities, you'll know why.

Anywho, if you weren't aware, this past weekend was the weekend of the second annual TCIF. I don't know about you, but I had a blast every time I set foot in the theater. Kudos to Butch, Jill, Lauren, Dan, and everyone else involved in the festival. I can't wait for next year!

Well, I should be off. These lite beers aren't going to drink themselves. I'm not sure when tomorrow's missive will be posted as we have another day of filming planned. I'll try and post something up as early as possible.

Before I depart, here's Today's Joke:
Obama to deliver 'major speech' on patriotism
Presumptive Democratic nominee Barack Obama plans to deliver what his campaign is calling a "major speech" Monday, centering around an issue he's been trying to highlight for months now: his patriotism.
The Illinois senator has been defending his patriotism ever since the days of Iowa when he was first criticized for not wearing a flag pin — which he now does much more frequently — and when false rumors began circulating that he did not say the Pledge of Allegiance.
A widely-distributed photo also seemed to show him failing to place his hand over his heart during a rendition of the National Anthem.
Senator Obama's speech on patriotism will discuss his thoughts on patriotism and what it means for the average American citizen. During the speech, he will have the American flag tattooed onto his right bicep. He will also have his nipples pierced with lapel pins. To close the event off, Obama will hop on his motorcycle and jump over sixty busses that are arranged in the shape of the original thirteen colonies.
"If the press doesn't recognize my patriotism after Monday," Obama said, "then I'll have to make it personal..."


Yay!


Tomorrow!

No comments: