Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Plainarused!

Four separate nights
Spent in four separate states.
I am a rock star.


Well, happy Monday to you! Wait a moment? I think this missive might be a little too late for that. Happy Tuesday! Oh. No. Tuesday has passed as well. It seems as though we've already made it to Wednesday. Pretty far into Wednesday actually. Where did these past few days go? Let's see...

Between Saturday and Tuesday, I traveled via train, subway, plane, foot, car, and shuttle bus from Minneapolis to Chicago to northwest Indiana to California and back again. I performed at the Chicago Improv Festival (HUGE had a heck of a set. Yay!) I did a training with a corporate client. I went by five houses that at some point served as my home. I visited with a few old friends, some family, and my favorite pizza place. I slept a total of 20 hours over the course of four days. I got chatted up by a Latter Day Saint missionary (they've got some interesting ideas...) I spent a total of ten minutes on-line. I learned that the CTA now has a pink line. Pink! Upon returning to Minneapolis, I shot a video in which I interviewed Godzilla. All in all, it was quite the event. I'll get more into it when I have a bit of time. Sadly, today is not that day. Neither is tomorrow. Friday? Fingers are crossed that Friday will be a day for reflective writings.

As I've been writing this, the clouds have opened and begun pouring rain for the umpteenth time since last Thursday. Even in the other states that I visited during my travels, I was rained upon. With rain. I'd love to blog more, but I have to start writing letters of complaint to Mother Nature. Someone needs to tell the sky that we don't need its filthy rain. I'll try to get a petition on-line soon. Nothing changes without petitions. Just ask the scientists that are stopping global warming with their petition. The power is in our hands!

Well, I should be off. Work needs to be worked, and I'm just the worker to work it. Before I depart, here's Today's Joke:
Smurfs head for big-screen at Columbia Pictures
The Smurfs, those blue-skinned cartoon gnomes with short tails and white hats, are celebrating their 50th anniversary with a Hollywood movie deal announced on Tuesday by Columbia Pictures.
The studio said it has acquired motion picture rights to the Belgian-born characters from Lafig Belgium S.A. for a big-screen Smurfs adaptation mixing computer-graphic imagery and live action.
No casting decisions have been made or director chosen, but the studio is in negotiations with several folks that were "willing to rape the memories of childhood heroes," according to an executive at Columbia. "We've had a lot of interest from people that have made their mark pillaging the icons of yesteryear for the money-driven crap spectacles that we've seen recently. From the folks behind the uber-flop Underdog to those behind the steaming pile of horse-shit Speed Racer, it seems as though everyone wants to get in on the action. Now, if you don't mind, I need to take everything you've ever loved, set it aflame, and charge you $10 to watch it burn. Ha ha! Ha ha ha! Ah ha ha ha ha ha!"


Yay!


Tomorrow!


Psst! How about that new iPhone? Please tell me about it as I haven't had a chance to read up on it myself.

No comments: