Friday, April 18, 2008

Tenniversary!

I lit some candles
I cooked a lovely dinner
Would you stop screaming?

Tomorrow marks the ten-year anniversary of the wife and I going out on our first date. We met in college through mutual friends and, one April eve, decided to go to the local Chinese restaurant. Ten years later, we're still frequenting Chinese restaurants together. I don't aim to get overly-sentimental here, I just wanted to give a quick shout-out to the wife. It's been a darn good ten years. Here's to you, wife!


In other, less smile-inducing news, my computer is trying to make me crazy. I've discovered that certain songs from my music collection have gone missing. Assorted tracks from the Pixies' Doolittle album, a few Primus songs, and who knows what else! After a sampling of twenty albums, I found that almost half of them are missing songs. I'm not sure if there is a box marked "delete some of my music every so often" that I've accidentally left checked, but it's almost making me angry, in the futile way that one can get angry with an inanimate object.

Anywho, I find myself left with two options:
1 - I can go through, album by album, and put the missing songs back onto my computer. Once that's done, I can link my mp3 player up to my computer and put everything back on, risking the duplication of many, many tracks during the process; or,
2 - I can suck it up and deal with it, using my stubbornness to mask my laziness.

I wonder which option I'll choose...

I should be off. It's a Friday, which means that I must prepare for a few days of intense work and fun (by buying some cottage cheese). If you're looking for some laughter, the BNW's 50th anniversary show should do the trick. For you night-owls, Punch Out! returns tonight at 11 pm at the BNW. It's Adorable vs. Drum Machine. If you are unfamiliar with either group, then you should know this: both groups have the ability of making your sides explode from laughter. Wear your corsets!

Before I depart, here's Today's Joke:
5.2 earthquake rocks large area of Midwest
Residents across the Midwest were awakened Friday by a 5.2 magnitude earthquake that rattled skyscrapers in Chicago's Loop and homes in Cincinnati but appeared to cause no major injuries or damage.
Dozens of aftershocks followed, one with a magnitude of 4.5.
The quake just before 4:37 a.m. was centered six miles from West Salem, Ill., and 45 miles from Evansville, Ind. It was felt in such distant cities as Milwaukee, Des Moines, Iowa, and Atlanta, nearly 400 miles to the southeast.
Upon hearing the news, both Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton used the opportunity to blame the other for the Midwest's shaky ground. President Bush upped the nation's threat level to red, saying that the terrorists might use the cracks opened by the earthquake to rise out of their underground caves and attack America. Members of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints declared the tremor was God's punishment for the recent scorn aimed at their church. Meanwhile, gas companies immediately raised the price of a gallon of gas to $24.12, just to be safe.


Hoorah!


Monday!

No comments: