Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Telerevised!

Memories linger
Past laughter echoes softly
We drown in our tears.



Well, as promised, yesterday was spent playing Grand Theft Auto. Granted, the entire day was not spent in front of the video game. I went out to breakfast, and I walked the dog. Heck, I even cleaned some dishes. Still, while some (me) would say I didn't get enough gaming in, others (everybody else) would say I wasted the day away. I'm OK with that. Today, I'm working all day long. Tomorrow is a day of writing. Friday? Friday I meet with people to discuss important things. Thus you see, yesterday was my day of fun. I took advantage. You would have done the same!

Sadly, yesterday's activities give me little to talk about. Sure, I could go on and on about the GTA, but who wants that? (By the way, it's pretty great. Like FOTIS great.) Instead, I'll give you an update on some of your favorite actors from your childhood.
- Remember that guy that played one of the garage attendants that takes Cameron's dad's car out for a joy-ride? Well, he's been busy in Hollywood, making such great films as Frankenfish Good for you, that guy!
- Remember Vickie the Robot from the tv show Small Wonder? She's not actually a robot! She's actually a human! And a nurse!
- Face! The A-Team's Dirk Benedict was in the soon-to-be-award-winning movie Recon 7 Down. What? You haven't heard of this movie? Close your eyes and imagine the greatest film ever. Now you have heard of it. You're welcome.

There you have it. Your past, revisited. What a fun stroll down memory lane.

I should be off. Some work is calling for my attention, and attention must be paid. If you have a few moments, check out the old BNW podcast. It's good for a laugh.

Before I depart, here's Today's Joke:
Google To Fine-Tune Image Searches
Google researchers say they have a software technology intended to do for digital images on the Web what the company’s original PageRank software did for searches of Web pages.
On Thursday at the International World Wide Web Conference in Beijing, two Google scientists presented a paper describing what the researchers call VisualRank, an algorithm for blending image-recognition software methods with techniques for weighting and ranking images that look most similar.
Rather than relying on a text query, the service focuses on the ability to match shapes or objects that might be hard to describe in writing, said Munjal Shah, the chief executive of Riya.
According to Shah, "a search for 'tit' will no longer result in images of birds appearing. We at Google know what you want, and what you want is a page full of breasts."
A brief demo of the new image search result in pages upon pages of topless women no matter what query was entered. The users at the demonstration were all very pleased.


Hooray!


Tomorrow!

No comments: