Friday, April 25, 2008

Decisionary!

Tonight, we will laugh,
We will live our fantasies,
We will improvise.


Tonight, I would not like to be in your shoes, as you have a number of life-changing decisions to make. First and foremost, you have to choose between seeing The Neutrino Project at the BLB at 10:30, or Punch Out! at the BNW at 11 pm. Of course, your mind will be swayed when you remember that Ferrari McSpeedy is playing at Punch Out! this week. Sorry Neutrino, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.
The next decision you'll be forced to make is how loudly you applaud for FMcS when you help crown them as the evening's winners in the Punch Out! competition. Do you clap and holler loudly, letting your true feelings for Mike and Joe out in the open, or do you restrain yourself and clap and holler softly, knowing that anything more than that will force you to deal with a joy you've never before experienced and, honestly, is kind of scary.
Like I said, I wouldn't want to be in your shoes.

Enough of that, let's get to the meat of the missive, shall we?

Next week, the old blog's going to go through some changes. Beginning Monday, I'll post the daily haiku here on MySpace, followed by a link to my blogger account. For those of you that enjoy RSS feeds and iGoogle dashboards, this should be a blessing. For those that enjoy MySpace notices of new blog postings, this should still work for you. Look at me, compromising!
The reason I'm alerting you to this change is that I would hate to have someone open up Monday's MySpace blog, see only a haiku posted, and deduce that I had died before I could finish the missive, hitting "post blog" as my final breath escaped my body.
Of course, now if that happens, I'll seem like a real jerk, won't I?

Anywho, I should be off. The rain has stopped for a moment, so I shall take advantage and enjoy a quick walk with the puppy. He's been moping around the house all morning.

Before I depart, here's Today's Joke:
Bush says rebates going out Monday should help people cope with high gas, food prices
President Bush said tax rebates will start going out Monday, earlier than previously announced, and should help Americans cope with rising gasoline and food prices, as well as aid a slumping economy.
"Starting Monday, the effects of the stimulus will begin to reach millions of households across our country," Bush said Friday in remarks on the South Lawn of the White House.
"This week, people will be able to actually fill their gas tank and buy a week's worth of groceries. And it's all because I had the foresight to give people money before this economic downturn completely destroyed us. I said to myself, 'why should we worry about solving the problems that are causing this recession when I can just toss money at people instead?'"
Bush also reminded the general public that any citizen depositing their check onto a savings account will be sent to Guantanamo immediately.


Yay!



Monday!



Psst! Tonight at 11 pm at the BNW, Ferrari McSpeedy competes against Rudy Cosby at Punch Out! You probably don't want to miss it.

No comments: