Thursday, April 17, 2008

Alaphoney!

With the warm weather
I'll no longer be pants-less
I shall be shorts-less.


A thing to know:
I'm the type of guy that has a house phone in addition to a cellular phone. Why? DSL internet. Also, I can't give up the idea of a "land-line." It's the American way.
I'm also the type of guy that knows when the house phone rings, there's going to be a tele-marketer on the other end. Sometimes it's a robo-tele-marketer, but usually it's a human tele-marketer.
I'm also the type of guy that always answers the phone. If it's a person trying to sell me things, I'll usually shout "no thank you" and hang up. If it's a robot, I'll just hang up (although I'll come to rue my rudeness once the robot invasion takes place.)
I have, over the years, found that I will give the tele-marketer more time to pitch his or her opportunity if tele-marketer begins the call with any of the following lines:
- Konichiwa.
- Hold on to your belt, slim!
- This is Abe Lncoln.
- So many babies!
- I'm not a telemarketer.
- Free hugs!
If you're going into the field of tele-marketing because a) you need the money or b) you need a reason to hate life, feel free to use any of the above opening lines. You'll get at least one taker.


A thing to read:
I've noticed that most of my fellow Mpls. bloggers have moved on to other sites for their words. I'm going to spend the day looking at that option for my daily haikus and jokes (and the filler!) I think I can get a pretty good deal through Prodigy...
What are your thoughts on the exodus from MySpace, dear readers? Would you follow the move? Would you find your daily humor elsewhere? Tell me! I am interested!

Before I depart, here's Today's Joke:
Oil hits record high as dollar tumbles to record low
Oil prices hit all-time highs above $115 a barrel Thursday with reports that oil and gasoline stocks in the United States were lower than expected and as the dollar hit record lows.
Concerns about sagging U.S. gasoline supplies ahead of the peak demand of the Northern Hemisphere summer also helped boost prices.
"The market has focused on the substantial draw in gasoline in the U.S. and also the large crude oil draw," said Victor Shum, an energy analyst with Purvin & Gertz in Singapore. "The report has provided a knee-jerk reaction for the market and has driven oil to a new high."
"If this continues," Shum said, "oil producing companies will stop listing the price per barrel in dollars and start listing it in babies. We'd better get procreating if we plan to drive to Boca Raton this August... Ladies?"


Yay?


Tomorrow!

No comments: