Monday, April 21, 2008

Goalastic!

The sun is burning,
Charcoal embers are ablaze,
Wieners on fire!

Last night... What can I say about last night except this:
Grilling season has returned! This is an exciting time. There's nothing quite like tossing some (veggie) burgers on the grill, then realizing that you haven't checked on them in thirty minutes and finding them charred to a crisp, then covering them in mustard and salsa just to make the taste near-bearable. Is there anything greater? I don't think so.

In other news, I'm planning some big things for myself. What big things? Read on, dear reader!
I'm going to make it a mission of mine to get into McSweeneys.net before the year is out. I'm not sure exactly how I'm going to do this, but I figure that, as I write every day, and I work in the field of comedy, it should be a do-able thing. I'll probably just aim to get into their "Lists" section, although a regular haiku posting would also be fancy. I'll let you know if I experience any success.

I'm also considering moving to a Blogger account. I already have professorjoeferrari all lined up and ready for words. Now it's just a matter of getting those words from MySpace to Blogger. I'm not sure why the change is necessary, it just seems like I'll be more "real" over there. Plus, I can change my wallpaper and font color without using the phrase "I pimped my page." I shall do no pimping. I am sad that that phrase has become so popular with the youngans. What are we teaching the future of America's youth?

I don't think I'll leave MySpace altogether. I'm considering posting the daily haiku, then linking the Blogger page from there. Look for the change to happen within the week. If you need to consult with a friend regarding this change, I recommend that you do that soon.

I should be off. There's a big softball game at Nokomis fields tonight at 5:50. There is a lot of mental preparation that needs to happen prior to the exhibition.
Before I depart, here's Today's Joke:
Last Chance for Pennsylvania
Today's the last chance for Hillary Rodham Clinton and Barack Obama to make their case to Pennsylvanians who may still be undecided after the six-week spotlight on their state. The Keystone State holds its Democratic primary Tuesday.
Overall, write Jeff Zeleny and Katharine Q. Seelye of The New York Times, both campaigns are going ultra-negative on one another in this dash to the finish.
Senator Clinton is asking voters to remember her rival's "bitter" comment and criticizing his health care plan, while Senator Obama is outspending her two-to-one on ads.
Clinton spent most of Sunday burning Obama in effigy in towns across Pennsylvania while Barack hired a gang of teens to punch the elderly in the name of Hillary.
Today, each campaign plans on making one last push across the state, setting fire to any house that has a sign in support of their opponent.
Citizens of Pennsylvania are looking forward to tomorrow, when this over-hyped primary ends and the on-going battle between the Democrats moves to another state.


Yay!


Tomorrow!


Psst! This Friday at 11 pm at the BNW, Ferrari McSpeedy competes against Rumpelstiltskin at Punch Out! You probably don't want to miss it.

No comments: